I have not just one but two cookie monsters in my house unlike the only cookie monster from the famous television show Sesame Street! Both my kids are crazy about cookies. And just like Cookie Monster, they like to show their inclination to eating healthy once in a while and start talking about flourless food. To satiate their cookie mania and at the same time encourage their desire to eat healthy, I bake these absolutely gorgeous peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies for them. Of course the sugar needs to be pardoned 🙂
These cookies are so easy to make that my daughter who is a novice baker, baked an entire batch on her own for her friends. They do not contain any flour and use peanut butter and roasted peanuts. I prefer the chunky peanut butter. Peanuts are very low in carbs and are high in proteins, fats, fibre and various vitamins and minerals. So the carbohydrates and fat in peanut butter do not make you miss the dairy butter and flour. The texture of the cookies is crunchy and crisp. Dark chocolate chips add that extra oomph ! And addition of roasted peanuts works wonders in the taste. Do give these cookies a try if you are peanut butter fans.
Peanut Butter & Choco-Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter – 1/2 cup
- Caster Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Egg, small – 1
- Salt – 1/8th tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla – 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate chips -1/4 cup
- Roasted Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a bowl, beat together peanut butter, sugar, soda, salt, vanilla and egg until smoothly combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and roasted peanuts.
- Grease the baking tray. Roll the dough into balls and place the flattened ball about 2 inches apart on the prepared tray.
- Bake the cookies for about 12-15 minutes or till done. Remember to rotate the tray after half time. Allow to cool slightly and transfer the cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
These chunky, nutty, crunchy, sweet and salty cookies surely are the heart winners. So do bake these flourless bites and feed that cookie monster within!